lmtpd Internal error: asserstion failed: append.c

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:02:32 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 2:51 PM, Shelley Waltz <shwaltz at cabm.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Shelley Waltz said:
>> I am running a postfix-cyrus-amavis configuration.  This is a new setup
>> and I am testing sending a simple local message.  I receive this error in
>> attempting
>> delivery ...
>>
>> (host domain.edu[/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp] said: 421 4.3.0 lmtpd:
>> Internal error: assertion failed: append.c: 479: stage != NULL &&
>> stage->parts[0] != '\0' (in reply to end of DATA command))
>>
>> What might cause this?
>>
>> ----
>> Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
>> Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki
>>
> I am still stumped by this.  Here is more information.
>
> RHEL5 cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-2.el5

A real Redhat ? Then you should have support and should ask them !

Is it a random or recurrent problem ?
Is it a 64bit OS ?
Can you try to send the same email to two of _YOUR_ user

As workaround, you coul try this :

- Can you try to add this is imapd.conf

singleinstancestore: 0

- as last resort you could try to replace

mailbox_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp
by
local_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you