Not all mailboxes listed when migrating to new server

Jorey Bump list at joreybump.com
Thu Jun 5 07:54:10 EDT 2008

Keith Edmunds wrote, at 05/27/2008 01:32 PM:

> If I do a 'lam user.xxx' where user.xxx is one of the
> accounts not listed, I get 'Mailbox does not exist'. If I
> send a mail to that user on the new server and repeat the
> 'lam user.xxx', I get a blank line output, suggesting that
> the mailbox does now exist but with no acls. The mail sent
> to that user can be seen in the filesystem.

Have you tried to explicitly create the the mailbox after the fact?

  cm user.xxx

This can be done nondestructively. I remember needing to do this for
some mailboxes when I used imapsync to migrate from uw-imap. It's
inconvenient, but if you're only talking about a fraction of 98 users,
it might be feasible.

If you've already migrated your data, you might also consider adding
some flags to reconstruct:

  /usr/sbin/cyrreconstruct -rf

My most recent migration was between two similar environments using the
same version of Cyrus IMAPd (2.3.11). In that case, I simply copied all
data to the new server, identified and removed the following Berkely DB
files:

  /var/imap/deliver.db
  /var/imap/tls_sessions.db
  /var/imap/db/*

Then I started Cyrus, which rebuilt the missing databases. It worked
like a charm, with no need for reconstruct or imapsync. However, I don't
know if this is an option for the 2.2.x series.