even more questions on replication and expire

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Wed Jul 30 05:38:29 EDT 2008

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 05:09:05PM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>> Bron Gondwana wrote:

>>> That's "yes" to "you need to run cyr_expire on the replica too".
>> Thanks for the info. I can't help wonder if this was a firm design
>> decision? From a user perspective it should be easier if this followed
>> the synchronization I believe.
>>
>> Anyway, thanks, that was the last piece needed to finish off.
>
> I would much prefer that it was done via synchronisation as well.  It's
> a pain from a consistency point of view.

Yes indeed. This is gonna be interesting.
Sorry to bugger the list with all those perhaps already answered
questions but I'm on my toes here.

First run of cyr_expire on a replica exhibited this:
cyr_expire[5829]: Expunged 4 messages from user.user1
cyr_expire[5829]: IOERROR: reading cache record for user.user2: got
bogus offset 1935894896 for 4/1617; try reconstruct
master[4384]: process 5829 exited, signaled to death by 11

What does the figure 4/1617 tell me if anything?
I assume the cure here is "reconstruct -r -f -k user/user2" ?
If I omit the "-k", will I end up without cyrus.expunge and orphaned
message files or will they be deleted?

Thanks again all.