help with cyr_expire please

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Mon Jul 28 05:21:12 EDT 2008

Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
> Wesley Craig wrote:
>> On 27 Jul 2008, at 17:36, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>>> Here's the entire log output from one of the events.
>> The message:
>>
>>     expiring messages in ... older than ... days
>>
>> is only given on stderr and when verbose is given.

I've decided to take the opposite approach and given up trying to figure
out what caused it. Instead, I ran a reconstruct across the whole spool
including rebuilding the cyrus.expunge files.

Then, after "-E" days I can test cyr_expire on a few mailboxes, if that
works out ok I should be able to implement nightly pruning, with the -a
switch as a security measure in case I missed annotations somewhere.

I guess this could leave a few orphaned files in the spool? but some
clever scripting should dig them out too.

Thanks all for your help.

--per