patches since 2.3.12-p2?

Per olof Ljungmark peo at intersonic.se
Tue Jul 22 16:52:20 EDT 2008

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:57:28AM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
>> and
>> skiplist: unlock while not locked
>
> This is almost certainly a bug.  I added this along with a bunch
> of other skiplist changes to find places where the database
> interface wasn't being used correctly, because it means bugs of
> some sort.
>
> There's another skiplist bug I've been trying to track down
> (multiple deletes on the same connection failing), but haven't
> been able to reproduce it yet.
>
> Unfortunately, the cyrus database interface sort of sucks from
> a consistency perspective, it's dangerous to call any function
> that needs database access if you have a database transaction
> open, because the code doesn't know about the transaction and
> blindy goes ahead and starts a new transaction, which doesn't
> work.
>
> The code now throws an error immediately rather than causing
> corruption.  Much better :)

Sucks or not, it's been working very reliable for us for 5 years now!

I recompiled Cyrus without BDB support, changed line 1034 in
./lib/imapoptions to take skiplist as default and now finally
statuscache.db is using skiplist.

Also, I applied "Skiplist Readlocktracking" and "Skiplist Safeunlock"
and now there are no errors of any kind in the logs.

Thanks!