Couple of questions

Scott Likens damm at yazzy.org
Mon Jul 21 19:27:17 EDT 2008

Hi,

When you deal with pop3, and migration there is typically 1 pain that
is epic.

'UIDL' Output has changed, it can make duplicate emails appear because
Outlook, or whatever you are using will not see the same 'results' as
it had before.

Example, telnet localhost pop3

user foo
pass foo

+OK Mailbox locked and ready
stat
+OK 664 55805692
uidl
+OK unique-id listing follows
1 1202699390.3863
2 1202699390.3864

and so forth.  If you used Sendmail + UW it will be different then
what you had before.  So the user will download their whole mailbox
over.  Easiest solution I've always done is just create a folder in
their inbox and move all their old mails to that folder, and then let
them retrieve their email and they should be fine.  IMAP Users won't
suffer this because they never download the whole mailbox.

Now let's say if you delete 1, and then quit, and log back in there is
a new email 1... with a different uidl number shown.  So you are not
downloading a duplicate email, a brand new one.  This is the proper
behavior, if you are not experiencing this behavior; then clearly we
need more detail about your setup.

Now there is a header added with LMTP

This is what I personally see in my headers,

I use deliver (because of DSPAM, I can tell it to talk to LMTP but I
don't) ... if you are using LMTP the header will show
username at hostname instead.  If this is screwing up your procmail
recipes I suggest you make modifications to such recipes so they are
no longer fooled.

FWIW,

That's my return path, note it has nothing to do with cyrus at mail, so I
think we'll need to know more about your setup before we can
accurately give any help.

Scott