Auto-deletion of messages in Junk-folder after a certain time

Marten Lehmann lehmann at cnm.de
Mon Jul 14 07:54:01 EDT 2008

Hello,

we have a virtual domain configuration and I want to remove all messages
within the folder

user/<any-userpart>@<any-domain>/Junk/*

I don't want to mark old messages as deleted and expunge them, because
then maybe I'm expunging messages, that haven't been flagged as deleted
by me but the owner of the mailbox and aren't ment to be expunged at
this moment.

I have heard of cyr_expire and ipurge, but that information is several
years old.

What is the currently recommended way to auto-delete messages after a
certain time (e.g. 60 days)?
Which date is typically used for the deletion? The date of the delivery
to Cyrus?
Is a verbose output available (e.g. with the log of sender-address and
subject of the deleted messages)?

Btw.: We are using an older version of cyrus, 2.2.12 (as it comes with
RHEL4) and we have no chance to update it at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Kind regards
Marten