Migrating and upgrading

Derek Croxton croxton3 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 14:27:07 EDT 2008

I have a Cyrus + Postfix server (about 4 years old) that I want to
migrate to a new machine (running Ubuntu Hardy server edition).  I got
the basic functionality up and running, and created an account.  Now I
need to get the old messages onto the new server.

I tried using imapmigrate, which indeed copied all the messages to the
new machine; however, the only ones that I can see using a client are
the ones in the inbox.  None of the other mailboxes are visible.

I don't know if the different versions of cyrus might be creating the
problem.  The old server is running 2.1, the new one 2.2.  I tried
running the cvt_cyrusdb program on the new version, but it didn't help.

Sincerely,
Derek