can i build a sasl module with support for encrypted passwords?

rupert rupertt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:03:03 EST 2008

Hi,
i have my murder cluster running, with passwords stored in a mysql DB.
The only thing that bugs me now is that the passwords are stored in
plaintext inside the DB.
I am using fedora8 and will switch to CentOS once everything runs fine.
Can i build a rpm module for sasl that exist beside the packages that are in
the repositries?

like cyrus-sasl-md5.i386, cyrus-sasl-plain.i386, cyrus-sasl-devel.i386,
cyrus-sasl-md5.i386 ...

I tried to compile cyrus-sasl.2.19 with the pwcheck patch, but it just
messed everythign up.

Any other solutions? And why is such a important thing not standard?

thx

heiko