Can't access the imap server using telnet, nor send email.

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 09:28:29 EST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 2:19 PM, badock <badock at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I recently installed cyrus-imapd, and i'm now trying to make it work.
> I created a mailbox user (cm user.logon) then acl'ed it (sam user.logon
> logon all)
>  Then i set a password to logon : saslpasswd2 -c logon

maybe a
# chown cyrus.cyrus /etc/sasl2.db
or something like that could help
Read all cyrus error messages in log files!

> So now, i expect the "user" logon to have access to his mailbox
> But it doesn't work, cause
>
> 1. i can't telnet/login to the imap server with "logon":
>     shell says:
>     LOGIN BAD Error in IMAP commabd received by server
>
> 2. i can't send any mail to logon at host.domain.com
>      mailer says :
>      RCPT TO < logon at mydomain.com> failed :
>       <logon at mydomain.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
> local recipient table

Where this message come from ? SMTP or cyrus ? Is-it lmtpd ?
Can you give some more line around this error ?
Ave you configured your SMTP to accept lgon at mydomai.com ?

>  Do you have an idea how i can check wether the imap works or not ?
> Actually i'd like to check if my settings are ok, is there a way to check
> that ?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> ----

Alain Spineux