segfault of imapd and pop3d

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jan 15 16:51:48 EST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:33:50 +0100, "Michael Menge" <michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de> said:
> Quoting Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm>:
>

> Syslog is logging Cyrus at debug level, and the last line for that
> process is
> "accepted connection". Normaly this line is followd by a STARTTLS line
> and a LOGIN line.
> proc/pid shows the host they are connected with. These IPs are
> different for most processes and i see other succesfull logins from
> these hosts.
>
> So i don't think it's a corrupt mailbox. Maybe the tls_sessions.db is
> corrupt.
> Is there a way to check a skiplist if the file is corrupted?

Personally I like sudo -u cyrus cyr_dbtool $file skiplist show > /dev/null

This does a "foreach" over the entire file which should find any issues.  If
there was an exposed way to run "myconsistent" on the file that would be nicer
but the cyrus DB interface doesn't expose all the internals and I've been loath
to fiddle with it since there are a few different DB modules and I'd have to
change all of them.

Of course if you can shut the cyrus instance down you could probably just
delete that file.

Bron.

P.S. I've attached another external tool that can find some interesting things.
It needs the attached module to be in your perl lib somewhere too.
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm