Plaintext only for loopback?

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 14 21:43:52 EST 2008

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 07:09:25PM -0800, Phil Pennock wrote:
> It's been a little while since I've done this, so I'm not absolutely
> sure of the details, but if memory serves ...
>
> Run two different IMAP services from cyrus.conf:
>
>   SERVICES {
>     imap       cmd="imapd" listen="imap.example.org:imap" prefork=1
>     imaplocal  cmd="imapd" listen="localhost:imap" prefork=2
>   }
>
> In imapd.conf you can prefix a configuration directive with the service
> name, where the service name is exactly what you specified in SERVICES;
>
>   imaplocal_allowplaintext: 1
>
> All possibly wrong, as I say; worth a try though.

Yeah, that's probably actually a better idea than my one in an
environment where you don't have pervasive version control and
templated config file generation in place, otherwise it would
be too easy for the two files to get out of sync when someone
hand edits one of them - with all the debugging nightmare and
strange effects that would follow.

Bron.