cyradm

FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc baltasar.cevc at former03.de
Mon Jan 14 04:31:21 EST 2008

Hi Daniel,

On 14.01.2008, at 10:21, Daniel Aquino wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2008 4:14 AM, FORMER 03 | Baltasar Cevc
> <baltasar.cevc at former03.de> wrote:
>>
>> Please note that the usual setup with virtual domains is to have
>> "/" as hierarchy separator. Using ".", you cannot have usernames
>> as "some.name". So maybe you should consider changing it.
> Can you point me to some docs on this?
>
> I havn't seen this...

http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/altnamespace.html#unixhiersep

You should probably read the whole document because it explains
the possible side effects.

> http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/imapd/install-virtdomains.html
>
> That page says nothing about replacing . with /
You're right, the documentation is not optimal there.

By the way: please try not to cite all the old mails when replying.
We've already read them ;-)

Baltasar

_____ FORMER 03 GmbH
_____ infanteriestraße 19 haus 6 eg