cyr_expire and messages where Date: is in the future?

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 10:29:43 EST 2008

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Mike Eggleston wrote:

> Ok so 'user/%/spam' only matches user/$user/spam.
> Using 'user/*/spam' matches user/$user/.../spam, right?
> Must I use '/' in the pattern or can/do I use '.'?

I use unixhiersep, hence '/'. If you don't, use '.'

> Is there some undocumented feature like a '-n' to ipurge so I can test
> what this command does without erasing all my user's messages in the
> 'test'?

Try it on a test system first :).

ipurge gives a fairly decent running commentary about the mailboxes it is
processing. You could always take the source code and comment out the
mailbox_expunge() if you want to test on a live system.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.