Endgame: Cyrus big install at UC Davis

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Feb 29 01:22:43 EST 2008

Vincent Fox <vbfox at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> If someone else comes up with quicker confirmation please post.

We applied that patch (for x86) yesterday on our machines during
maintenance. Delivery times are much better and even on a busy system the
filebench varmail pattern gives 10ms for fsync().

It would be good if the Cyrus folks could include a warning in their README
that when using Cyrus IMAP on Solaris 10 and ZFS, be sure to apply
127728-06 resp. 127729-07, depending on your architecture.