Migrate & upgrade 2.3.1->2.3.7: seen status on INBOX

Steve Huston huston at astro.princeton.edu
Thu Feb 28 18:19:32 EST 2008

We're upgrading our mail server hardware, and at the same time moving
from Fedora to CentOS for the OS.  The version of Cyrus we run currently
is 2.3.1, and the one on CentOS is 2.3.7
(cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-1.1.el5.x86_64.rpm).

I've setup the configuration to match our old system, and verified that
logging in and the like works, and the next step was to test moving the
mails over.  After exporting the mboxlist on the old server and
importing it on the new one, I started with my own mail; copy over
/var/spool/imap/user/huston/ to the new server, then copy
/var/imap/user/h/huston.[seen,sub].  I had to reconstruct the mail
store, and then everything seemed fine - except all the messages in my
inbox were flagged as unread.

I thought the seen state for all mails was in the .seen file, so I'm
confused why it's correct on all the subfolders but flagging all in the
inbox as new.  Any pointers?  A Google of the archives only turned up a
similar question from last year with no response.

Thanks!

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285