automatic storing in correct folder depending on references header

Stefan Palme kleiner77 at gmx.net
Mon Feb 25 08:30:12 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am searching for a way to solve the following: I have an Cyrus-IMAP-
Server with a lot of folders for my mail account. When I reply to a
message, I often BCC that reply to myself (because of mail archiving
reasons).

Now I want that reply automatically to be stored in the same folder
as the message which I've replied to - i.e. using the mail header
"References" to find the folder where the original message is stored
and moving my reply into the same folder.

Is this possible? E.g. using SIEVE? Some other mechanisms?

Thanks and regards
-stefan-