Move to new server

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Feb 19 08:13:38 EST 2008

Adam Tauno Williams schreef:
>> I want to move all mail to a new server. Old server has Cyrus 2.1.18
>> (Debian Sarge), new server has Cyrus 2.2.13 (Debian Etch).
>> In the past, I just copied all files in
>> /var/spool/cyrus/
>> /var/lib/cyrus
>> But, is this a good way?
>
> It probably works.

That's true, but maybe I keep old database-formats ?

>> Alternative is imapcopy. But I see you need a list of all users and
>> passwords. That's a lot work to make (650 users).
>
> Or just connect as a user with administrative access.  We did a
> migration with imapcopy,  no need to know all the user's passwords.
>
>> Isn't it possible to use the admin-user to copy everything?
>
> Yep.

Nice to hear, thanks!

Can I use something like this in ImapCopy.cfg ?

# List of users and passwords
#       SourceUser    SourcePassword   DestinationUser DestinationPw
Copy    "cyrus"       "cyruspw"        "cyrus"         "cyruspw"

And is it fast?

Met vriendelijke groet,
Paul van der Vlis.

--