Old Domain Being Added By Cyrus

Daniel Aquino mr.danielaquino at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 21:20:40 EST 2008

> > already has @<domain> included?
>
> Don't understand.

What I'm saying is why are MUA's not passing the domain part for plain
authentication?

When I try to put user at domain into the user field it tries to send
user at domain@domain.

Which means it's appending the domain from the domain field automatically.

But from looking in my logs imapd is not receiving the @domain part.

> if defaultdomain is set, when getting foo, imap will use foo at defaultdomain

I have the following option set in my imapd.conf but it's not respecting it.

virtdomains: yes
defaultdomain: mydomain.com

> > So that means that these MUA's are not passing in the domain at all...
>
> Witch MUA ?

I have tried with evolution and with thunderbird.

> > Does plain authentication by MUA's not pass the domain along?
>
> Dont things so

Is that a "yes/no it DOES pass it" ?