Berkeley DB

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Thu Feb 7 05:51:51 EST 2008

Martin Schweizer wrote:

> I use FreeBSD 6.3 with cyrus imapd 2.3.11. How I can check the
> Berkeley DB version? I read a lot over the db_... tools but I have no
> idea which files I should check for what. They reside in /var/imap?

pkg_info | grep db should show you which Berkeley DB package you have
installed.

file /some/cyrus/database.db might say something like:

Berkeley DB (Btree, version 9, native byte-order)
this is on one of my servers with db41-4.1.25

Berkeley DB (Btree, version 8, native byte-order)
this is on another server with db3-3.3.11

In my case I checked the file /var/imap/tls_sessions.db

Some of the .db files are in fact not at all Berkeley DB files but are in
'skiplist' format.

HTH
--
Toomas Aas