mupdatetest works, but the deamons cant connect

rupert rupertt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 03:23:53 EST 2008

Hello,
i transfered my murder from some x86 VM machine to some real x64
machines, and I cant get the frontend/backend and mupdate servers to
talk to each others.
imtest only works with the -t option. I use pam and a mysql DB with
hashed paswords.
Local testsaslauth works and also i can do a mupdatest with the same
parameters as in the imapd.conf.

on the frontend I have these messages repeating,

08:21:00 frontend-A1 mupdate[5198]: couldn't connect to mupdate server
Feb  4 08:21:00 frontend-A1 mupdate[5198]: retrying connection to
mupdate server in 25 seconds
Feb  4 08:21:12 frontend-A1 mupdate[5196]: couldn't authenticate to
backend server: no mechanism available

also I can find this line

frontend-A1 saslauthd[1617]: pam_unix_acct(imap:account): could not
identify user (from getpwnam(albert at test.local))

looks like pam tries to look for a local user?

Since I am using as mech only PLAIN, how can I force the deamons to
use TLS to talk to each other?

cheers

rupertt