Cyrus Deadblocking

Scott Likens damm at yazzy.org
Fri Dec 26 13:52:50 EST 2008

Hi Teresa,

I've been running Cyrus 2.3.13 successfully on Gentoo (amd64/x86_64)
for quite some time without any issues.

It's currently linked against bdb 4.6, however I use skiplist for all
my databases as I found overall that is much cleaner in the long run.

However, I can honestly say I have never run into your issue with
cyrus starting to hang like that.  However, you want to ensure that
both cyrus-sasl and imapd are linked to the same version of bdb,
otherwise there's issues.

... So far the point of this email is pretty pointless, but I wanted
to say that switching "distributions" is not ever an acceptable
question/answer.

Having more detail from /var/log/messages would be very helpful as
cyrus does tend to send debug information to syslog when it's
crashing, so we can get more detail of why.

Scott