murder configuration issue final stretch

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Dec 12 16:54:38 EST 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008, Gary W. Smith wrote:

> For me, this brings me to 90% completetion.  The final part is
> autocreate.  I know that autocreate is not supported in this
> configuration.  I have accepted that.  What I was wondering is do you
> have any simple scripts for creating new user accounts that I can just
> call from a shell script?  I have a automated process in the background
> that creates user accounts in the background.  I already have to SSH out
> from this setup script to a different server.  There's no reason I can't
> call into a second server for email creation/deletion but right now this
> part is beyond me.  Any working samples would be great.

We have various automated scripts for creating users in our environment.
Mainly, they create an entry in our LDAP server, a matching account in
Windows Active Directory, and then the mailbox on Cyrus.

Almost all of the various Cyrus scripts we use are available at:

   http://oregonstate.edu/~morgan/cyrus/public/

Feel free to use them however you want.

 	Andy