murder configuration issue final stretch

Gary W. Smith gary at primeexalia.com
Thu Dec 11 19:22:27 EST 2008

Andrew,

I found one of your older posting which also covers this.  Here is what I did.

I added psotfixlmtp as a user to both the frontend and and then ran the 'runuser - postfixlmtp -c "lmtptest mds01"' and used the password and it authenticated just fine.  So I added the entry to my lmtp_passwd file for postfix.  I also added the additional entries into the postfix main.cf file as per the instructions.

On the frontend I added lmtp_admins: postfixlmtp and on the backends I added lmtp_admins: murder postfixlmtp.

I did notice that when I try connecting to the lmtp on the frontend I get an error.  I suspect that it's because it's looking for lmtp and it's running the lmtpproxy

# runuser  - postfixlmtp -c "lmtptest"
WARNING: no hostname supplied, assuming localhost
connect: Connection refused
failure: Network initialization - can not connect to localhost.localdomain:lmtp

Anyway, postfix is kicking this out in the log:

lmtp[6073]: lmtp connection preauth'd as postman  <-- why I'm getting this, I don't know

I assume that for some reason it's still allowing anonynous connections to lmtp.  I checked my cyrus.conf files on all servers and there is no "-a". It's perplexing.  The information you gave me makes sense but it's like something has cached a setting and isn't letting go even though I have restarted all of the services.

I'm still working the issue but if this rings a bell I'd love any feedback.