murder configuration issue final stretch

Andreas Winkelmann ml at awinkelmann.de
Thu Dec 11 10:29:04 EST 2008

> First off, thanks for all of the help.  I've gotten pretty far I think.  I
> ran into a couple problems and some notes on some list groups about dead
> options that were shown in examples.
>
> http://garysmith.pbwiki.com/Cyrus
>
> I have put all of my configs into a wiki (broken down by server/type).
> The problem that I'm running into right now is that if I log into the
> frontend box using cyradmin (as root or cyrus) I can see mailboxes but
> when I go to create one on a backend server, cyradm prompts me for the
> password for the corresponding account on the remote machine.  I'm not
> sure if this is by design or an issue.
>
> The other big issue is that I have lmtp configured on the frontend to
> forward to the backend.  The lmtp process is running on the backend as I
> can telnet to it (telnet ip lmtp).  On the backend I seem to be getting a
> SASL2 auth error.
>
> badlogin: 10.80.72.1 PLAIN SASL(-13): authentication failure: Password
> verification failed

Did you test LMTP-Authentication at the Backend?

Looks like a SASL-Configuration Issue.

How did you configure SASL/saslauthd?

Check if proxy_authname with *_password from the Frontend Configuration is
able to login via LMTP.

Maybe you are using pam and should configure the file for lmtp as well as
for imap.

--
Andreas