root file system full: master.core?

Toomas Aas toomas.aas at raad.tartu.ee
Wed Aug 27 14:21:37 EDT 2008

Martin Schweizer wrote:

> I use FreeBSD 7.0 an a single server with cyrus v2.3.12p2. So fare all
> works well. After the update from FreeBSD 6.3 to 7.0 I got always when
> I start cyrus a file which is called master.core in /etc/rc.d which
> has around 65MB.

As others already pointed out, this is caused by a process called 'master'
crashing and dumping core. Quite possibly a cyrus master process.

If I understand you correctly, you upgraded from FreeBSD 6.3 to 7.0 on the
same machine. Have you added or rebuilt any ports since the upgrade? If
so, you may now have conflicting shared libraries.

--
Toomas