Cyrus-imapd not providing realm information

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 11:06:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:51 PM, tarjei <tarjei at nu.no> wrote:

> Hi Again,
> tarjei wrote:
>> lartc wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>
>>> I've got the same setup -- you should have
>>
>>> ldap_realm: yourdomain.com
>
> It seems that the parameter that needed to be set was
> ldap_default_realm, as I found when reading
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.cyrus/22049.

You set
virtdomains: userid

What is happening if you configure a second domain name ?

I thing your error was to configure

defaultdomain: example.com

because then when you login as someone at example.com, cyrus remove the
@example.com

This is working that way because when you updrade from

virtdomains: off
virtdomains: userid

you can keep your old user (without @domain.name)  without any changes.
Just create new mailboxes and users specifying a domain name.

Regards

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com
May the sources be with you