Very annoying IMAP problem (cyrus + Outlook)

Denis BUCHER dbucherml at hsolutions.ch
Fri Aug 22 05:16:17 EDT 2008

Hello,

We have 50 people using Outlook on our IMAP cyrus server. It's
wonderful : fast, efficient, no problem, easy...

But for 4-5 days I have a strange problem only on one PC :
* Outlook has to reconnect to the server every 5 minutes because of
"Fatal error: word too long".

As far as I understand, the cause of the problem is :
* "Outlook is sending either a token or quoted string that is longer
than 8K bytes."

But how could I correct this problem either in Outlook or cyrus ???
* Can I simply delete the "offending" email in Outlook, but how to
find which one ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help !

Denis Bucher

cyrus version :

name       : Cyrus IMAPD
version    : v2.2.12 2005/02/14 16:43:51
vendor     : Project Cyrus
support-url: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus
os         : Linux
os-version : 2.6.16.46-0.12-smp
environment: Built w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.21
              Running w/Cyrus SASL 2.1.21
              Built w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (March 28,
2007)
              Running w/Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (June
16, 2006)
              Built w/OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
              Running w/OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005
              CMU Sieve 2.2