Deleting messages "marked for deletion" older than X days

Gerard Beekmans gbeekmans at achillesmedia.com
Tue Aug 19 10:37:18 EDT 2008

Hi Bron,

Yes, it sounds like that's what I'm looking for: running expunge
periodically.

Now there's one slight problem here: I can't just run expunge as it is.
I have users who periodically need to undelete messages. I'd like
expunge to only act on messages older than X days, giving people the
chance to undelete messages within that time period.

I'll check out some IMAP libraries. Perhaps one offers to obtain a list
of all messages with the \Deleted flag, then check its received time
stamp and do the math on that. If older than X, delete/expunge/whatever
it, else skip it.

Gerard Beekmans
IT Manager
Achilles Media