Web-cyradm and Zimbra maybe?

Adam Tauno Williams adam at morrison-ind.com
Thu Aug 14 09:18:25 EDT 2008

> > I'm using web-cyradm (mysql frontend for virt. domains+cyrus+postfix
> > integration) for years and very happy with it.
> > Now we need some implementation for shared calendars (let's say calendar
> > solution for all our users).
> > What would you recommend?
> > Web-cyradm and Zimbra integration? Anyone have any experience with it? How
> > would you handle authentication issue?
> We use Horde here with LDAP for domains+cyrus+postfix+calendars but it
> works equally well with SQL. Got excellent webmail interface as well as
> shared calendar support.
> http://www.horde.org/

I second the vote for Horde.  We've use'd Horde for webmail for a very
long time - it is simply the best webmail interface available and does a
very good job at dealing with the dorked or thrashed messages produced
by some mail clients.  In our testing [at the time] it was the only
webmail interface that could deal reliably with messages from Lotus
Notes/Domino that some of our customers sent.   Also the Horde suite can
front-end almost any data-store or database, it really is amazingly
configurable.  While we use OpenGroupware as the backend for our
scheduling (calendering) and CRM, etc... we use Horde for providing
webmail and interconnect the addressbook to our groupware system.