Conversion Debian Cyrus 2.1 to 2.2, experiences

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Aug 14 05:49:43 EDT 2008

Pascal Gienger schreef:
> Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> wrote:
>
>> then convert the databases (on one line):
>> find /var/lib/cyrus/ -name \*.db -print -exec /usr/bin/db4.2_upgrade
>> {} \;
>
>> db_upgrade: /var/lib/cyrus/mailboxes.db: unrecognized file type
>
>> So "mailboxes.db" did not work, but the other databases did.
>
> Just a side note: I am pretty sure your mailboxes.db is a skiplist
> database which is AFAIK the default for mailboxes.db in Cyrus IMAP 2.1
> and 2.2. No conversion is necessary.

I think that's correct, but I don't know for sure how to check the type.
The conversed machines are working fine.

The file /usr/lib/cyrus/cyrus-db-types.active of the old systems says:
DBENGINE BerkeleyDB3.2
DUPLICATE db3_nosync
MBOX skiplist
SEEN skiplist
SUBS flat
TLS db3_nosync

The file cyrus-db-types.txt is the same.

The new systems are working fine, and this is the cyrus-db-types.active:
ANNOTATION skiplist
DBENGINE BerkeleyDB4.2
DUPLICATE berkeley-nosync
MBOX skiplist
PTS berkeley
QUOTA quotalegacy
SEEN skiplist
SUBS flat
TLS berkeley-nosync

> Do you have any database type declarations in your imapd.conf?

No, I did nothing special, and I did not found anything like that in my
imapd.conf.

Some of the systems did use Cyrus 1.5 before. The conversion was
difficult I can remember. But the file cyrus-db-types.active is the same
as the other old systems.

And I used everywhere Debian-packages.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.