Cyrus infrastructure performance less than expected

Eric Déchaux Eric.Dechaux at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 29 02:27:04 EDT 2008

Robert Banz a écrit :
>> I don't have any system log that complains about something and the
>> only
>> Cyrus message I got is a DB4 warning about lockers. I think the DB4 in
>> question is the TLS sessions cache DB and in my case the number of
>> lockers can be as high as 8 000...
>
> Dump Berkeley DB with a quickness, and switch to skiplist.
Ok, I will try this today.

> That said, there's something to be said about not putting all of your
> eggs onto one server -- virtualized or not.

I am aware of that, in fact we are able to switch a part or all the VM
on another datacenter in case something goes wrong on the first one.
That is the real goal of the solution, being able in less than 20
minutes to switch all production on the backup datacenter.

Many thanks.
--
Eric