Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.12 Released

Simon Matter simon.matter at invoca.ch
Thu Apr 24 09:45:41 EDT 2008

>>> These messages are at the DEBUG level.  Do you usually ship your RPM
>>> with the logging set to DEBUG?  I don't really see a problem leaving
>>> these messages alone, since I would expect most production systems to
>>> be
>>> logging at INFO or higher.
>>
>> The RPM logs to mail facility and priority of mail is * by default on
>> RedHat. That means out of the box we get quite alot messsages in maillog
>> now. With statuscache enabled the number of log entries is about 10
>> times
>> higher than without.
>> I understand that others may want those logs at the DEBUG level, it's
>> only
>> a problem in my situation.
>

> Don't you also get a ton of transaction log messages, regardless of the
> statuscache code?

Of course I get quite a number of log messages but that's still
acceptable. However with statuscache enabled the number of log messages
increases dramatically. As I said it increases at a factor of ~10.

The other log with skiplist doesn't hurt so much because it's not so
often. Still it doesn't seem to make much sense to log that message
whenever a seen db is opened, which it looks like in my tests. Maybe
that's only here because we run all db's as skiplist.

Simon