Cyrus IMAPd 2.3.12 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 23 19:58:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 05:58:27PM +0400, Dmitriy Kirhlarov wrote:
> Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> > --On 23. April 2008 15:37:19 +0400 Dmitriy Kirhlarov <dimma at higis.ru>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Attached patch add to log information about moving messages between
> >> folders. I am using this information from logs for relaunch dspam.
> >> Any chances for add this patch to project tree?
> >
> > FWIW, logging this at LOG_ERR level certainly isn't the right way to do
> > that ... I'd say it should be INFO at best, if not DEBUG.
>
> And with this correction, patch can be included to cyrus imapd repo?

Have you looked at:

http://cyrus.brong.fastmail.fm/patches/cyrus-auditlog-2.3.11.diff

It's a very detailed logging system which logs all create, delete,
append, copy, expunge, unlink, etc events.  Anything which changes
a mailbox or message (but not metadata events like flag changes
at the moment).  It also logs noteworthy sieve events.

It logs everything at LOG_NOTICE.

If there are other users for it, I'm happy to put some effort into
making auditlog acceptable for upstream, and possibly generalising
it to allow logging of different classes of events.

We use it to populate a database which is linked with events from
the various login systems and the email tracking information from
our Postfix and lmtp setups - it's not finished yet, but the plan
is to be able to track the entire lifecycle of every message we
receive (probably only for a few weeks to save space!) so users
can see what's happening with their emails.

Regards,

Bron.