cyrus pop3 question

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Wed Apr 16 16:29:19 EDT 2008

I just had an experience where my server was getting slammed with thousands
of concurrent pop3 requests. This went on for over an hour before it finally
ceased, at which point I was able to start cyrus again.

Anyhow, what are some mechanisms to prevent this in the future?

In the mean time, I'd like to know whether I can configure cyrus/pop3 to
listen only on a specific interface rather than on all interfaces on the
server, and if so - where do I configure that option?

THanks!