how to use cyradm with imaps ?

Sébastien Rozier sebastien.rozier at cybergaia.org
Sun Apr 13 10:29:13 EDT 2008

>>> Port should be 993 I guess?
>>>

>> Of course, my mistake (but already tried with the good value)
>> -bash-3.1$ cyradm --auth login --port 993 -u cyrus at mydomain.com localhost
>> IMAP Password:
>>               -bash-3.1$
>> -> Exits witthout doing anything (no core either)
>
> And what shows up in /var/log/maillog ?
>
> Simon

Apr 13 16:08:30 atlantis imaps[5908]: accepted connection
Apr 13 16:08:30 atlantis master[7389]: about to exec
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/imapd
Apr 13 16:08:30 atlantis imaps[7389]: executed
Apr 13 16:08:30 atlantis imaps[5908]: imaps TLS negotiation failed:
localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]
Apr 13 16:08:30 atlantis imaps[5908]: Fatal error: tls_start_servertls()
failed
Apr 13 16:08:30 atlantis master[3454]: process 5908 exited, status 75
Apr 13 16:08:30 atlantis master[3454]: service imaps pid 5908 in BUSY state:
terminated abnormally

In fact, I don't use and don't want to use TLS, but IMAP over SSL.
(TLS is through imap service n port 143, right ? I don't want to have
anything listening on this port)
I'm sot sure cyradm supports this natively, maybe I should launch it through
a SSH tunnel ?