how to use cyradm with imaps ?

Sébastien Rozier sebastien.rozier at cybergaia.org
Sun Apr 13 09:41:39 EDT 2008

>> Hello,
>>
>> I want to desactivate completely imap service to keep only imaps.
>> But I can't manage to connect to my server with cyradm.
>> (Everything is working fine if I keep regulat imap service)
>>
>> I tried this (thanx to Simon Matter) but it doesn't work for me :
>> cyradm --auth login --tls -u cyrus at mydomain.com localhost
>> cyradm --auth login --tls --port 931 -u cyrus at mydomain.com localhost
>
> Port should be 993 I guess?

Of course, my mistake (but already tried with the good value)
-bash-3.1$ cyradm --auth login --port 993 -u cyrus at mydomain.com localhost
IMAP Password:
              -bash-3.1$
-> Exits witthout doing anything (no core either)

-bash-3.1$ cyradm --tls --auth login --port 993 -u cyrus at mydomain.com
localhost
TLS disabled.
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with login as cyrus at mydomain.com
-bash-3.1$

>> same result each time :
>> cyradm: cannot connect to server
>
> 1) Does server listen on localhost? Check with netstat.
> 2) Any firewall rule, SELinux?
>
> Simon

1)
[root at atlantis ~]# netstat -a
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address               Foreign Address
State
tcp        0      0 *:imaps                     *:*
LISTEN
[...]

2)
Selinux : no :

selinuxenabled(1)     SELinux Command Line documentation
selinuxenabled(1)

NAME
       selinuxenabled - tool to be used within shell scripts to determine if
selinux is enabled

SYNOPSIS
       selinuxenabled

DESCRIPTION
       selinuxenabled Indicates whether SELinux is enabled or disabled. It
exits with status 0 if SELinux is enabled and 1 if it is not enabled.

[root at atlantis ~]# selinuxenabled ; echo $?
1
-> Disabled

Iptables : should be OK (I can connect remotely through imaps to access my
mailboxes) :
[root at atlantis ~]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Firewall-1-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Firewall-1-INPUT (2 references)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp any
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW tcp
dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW tcp
dpt:imaps
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state NEW tcp
dpt:smtp
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited