how to use cyradm with imaps ?

Sébastien Rozier sebastien.rozier at cybergaia.org
Sat Apr 12 20:32:39 EDT 2008

Hello,

I want to desactivate completely imap service to keep only imaps.
But I can't manage to connect to my server with cyradm.
(Everything is working fine if I keep regulat imap service)

I tried this (thanx to Simon Matter) but it doesn't work for me :
cyradm --auth login --tls -u cyrus at mydomain.com localhost
cyradm --auth login --tls --port 931 -u cyrus at mydomain.com localhost

same result each time :
cyradm: cannot connect to server

My configuration is (running Cyrus imapd 2.3.7) :
[root at atlantis ~]# more /etc/cyrus.conf
# standard standalone server implementation

START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
  idled         cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
#  imap         cmd="imapd" listen="localhost:imap" prefork=0
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=5
#  pop3         cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
#  pop3s                cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
  sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # these are only necessary if receiving/exporting usenet via NNTP
#  nntp         cmd="nntpd" listen="nntp" prefork=3
#  nntps                cmd="nntpd -s" listen="nntps" prefork=1

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="localhost:lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

  # this is only necessary if using notifications
#  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/notify" proto="udp" prefork=1
}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30

  # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
  # Sieve or NNTP
  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400

  # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
}

[root at atlantis ~]# more /etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus at mydomain.com cyrus at mydomain.com
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
virtdomains: yes

Thanx for any help