Postfix, Cyrus, and virtual domains : verify_user failed: Mailbox does not exist - Help !

Sébastien Rozier sebastien.rozier at cybergaia.org
Sat Apr 12 12:15:30 EDT 2008

> Do you have a good reason to use the deprecated 'cyrus' transport?
> Otherwise you may try 'mailbox_transport =
> lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp' instead.
>
> Simon

You're right, just didn't see it...and working perfectly with that :-)
In fact for my case, I used : virtual_transport = lmtp:unix:/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp

With lmtp transport, do I still need cyrus_destination_recipient_limit = 1 ?

Thanx a lot...do you have ideas for my two other questions ?

>> My Cyrus-imapd configuration is :
>>   [root at atlantis ~]# more /etc/cyrus.conf
>>   # standard standalone server implementation
>>
>>   START {
>>     # do not delete this entry!
>>     recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"
>>
>>     # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
>>     idled         cmd="idled"
>>   }
>>
>>   # UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
>>   SERVICES {
>>     # add or remove based on preferences
>>     imap          cmd="imapd" listen="localhost:imap" prefork=0
>>     imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=5
>>   #  pop3         cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
>>   #  pop3s                cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
>>     sieve         cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0
>>
>>     # these are only necessary if receiving/exporting usenet via NNTP
>>   #  nntp         cmd="nntpd" listen="nntp" prefork=3
>>   #  nntps                cmd="nntpd -s" listen="nntps" prefork=1
>>
>>     # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
>>   #  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="localhost:lmtp" prefork=0
>>     lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1
>>
>>     # this is only necessary if using notifications
>>   #  notify       cmd="notifyd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/notify"
>> proto="udp" prefork=1
>>   }
>>
>>   EVENTS {
>>     # this is required
>>     checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
>>
>>     # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression,
>>     # Sieve or NNTP
>>     delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400
>>
>>     # this is only necessary if caching TLS sessions
>>     tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" at=0400
>>   }

(I only want imaps for remote access, imap is only here for cyradm....BTW,
if someone can tell me how to use cyradm with imaps, so that I can comment
out imap, it would be great !)

>>   [root at atlantis ~]# more /etc/postfix/vmailbox
>>   test at myothervirtualdomain1.com            virtual
>>   test at myothervirtualdomain2.com            virtual

(Here, according to doc, "virtual" can be anything else, just a random
word to have right-hand value....right ?)