can not run cyradm from remote server .. realm gets appended to username

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 08:01:43 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 11:33 PM, ram <ram at netcore.co.in> wrote:
> On my cryus imap server , when I try login  from my localserver cyrus
>  login works

You used localhost ? Only localhost is working then.
Try using the IP address you used from your remote server, it should fail too.

>  But when I login from a remote server realm gets added autmatically ,
>  causing login to fail

man imad.conf, look for "virtdomains" option, it use the ip address of
your interface to guess a
realm. The key is arround options virtualdomains, defaultdomains and
loginrealms,
but it depend of what you want ! Dou you have multiple domains ?

>  In my sasl logs I can see for a local connection
>  -----
>  saslauthd[21947] :do_auth         : auth success: [user=cyrus]
>  [service=imap] [realm=] [mech=pam]
>  saslauthd[21947] :do_request      : response: OK
>  ------
>

>  For a remote connection
>  -----
>  saslauthd[24011] :do_auth         : auth failure:
>  [user=cyrus at netcore.co.in] [service=imap] [realm=netcore.co.in]
>  [mech=pam] [reason=PAM auth error]
>  ------
>

>  What can be seen simply is that the realm netcore.co.in is getting added
>  automatically. How can I avoid this
>
>  ----
>  Cyrus Home Page: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/
>  Cyrus Wiki/FAQ: http://cyrusimap.web.cmu.edu/twiki