Sync_client error Hit upload limit 0

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Apr 2 06:51:50 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 11:28:07AM +1030, Stephen Carr wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I get the following type of error (see below) during replication that
> appeared after upgrading from 2.3.8 to 2.3.11.
>
> This occurs occasionally and yet the emails are synced and it occurs for
> various user accounts.
>
> I have noticed that this error only occurs when an account is getting a
> burst of emails or when several users are getting what seems to be the
> same spam email.
>
> Is there a timing error?
>
> I have a rolling replication set to a delay of 5 seconds - should I change
> the interval?

Wow, there shouldn't be a limit of 0.

unsigned max_count = config_getint(IMAPOPT_SYNC_BATCH_SIZE);
if (max_count <= 0) max_count = INT_MAX;

Well, that's somewhat bogus anyway, since it's unsigned.  May
as well be == 0.

But still - I can't see how it could become zero!

syslog(LOG_NOTICE,
       "Hit upload limit %d at UID %lu for %s, sending",
       max_count, index_list->last_uid, mailbox->name);

BAH - upload_messages_from() is broken.

Will reply shortly with a patch,

Bron.