RENAME not working?

David R Bosso dbosso+lists.cyrus at lsit.ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 1 19:30:18 EDT 2008

Hi,

We're running 2.3.11 on amd64 Gentoo Linux with some fastmail skiplist
patches.  Delayed delete and expunge are on, and we are replicating to our
backup server.  We just found out that a RENAME causes the associated IMAPD
to die:

Apr  1 16:11:57 zoe imap[6521]: Deleted mailbox user.test123
Apr  1 16:11:57 zoe master[9383]: process 6521 exited, signaled to death by
6
Apr  1 16:11:57 zoe master[9383]: service imap pid 6521 in BUSY state:
terminatd abnormally

It appears that the RENAME operation completes, but the connection is gone,
so one of our scripts bails out at that point.

Before I start digging further, can someone verify that RENAME works for
them normally with delayed delete and expunge on 2.3.11?

Thanks.

-David