GETQUOTAROOT fails

Philipp Leusmann philipp.leusmann at rwth-aachen.de
Sat Sep 29 10:11:56 EDT 2007

Hi,

according to the documentation I removed two quota roots user.username
and user.username.Sent and afterwards called "cyrquota -f".
When I now try to issue ". GETQUOTAROOT user/username" I always get a
response ". NO Quota root does not exist" instead of ". OK COMPLETED"
without any quota information.
It may be that this behaviour is wanted since it kind of makes sense,
but the problem is, that when using IMAP with JavaMail, trying to list
the quota for one folder with a deleted quotaRoot always results in an
undesirable javax.mail.MessagingException which can virtually describe
any failure.
Now, is there any way to reconstruct the quotas to a state as if there
never existed one?

Regards,
 Philipp