upgrading to a different achitecture

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 27 19:59:47 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 11:08:22AM -0500, Chris Harms wrote:
> Thanks for the info.   The man page for cyr_dbtool doesn't indicate this
> is possible (which is not to say it isn't possible, just undocumented).
> cvt_cyrusdb appears to be more of a candidate.  Is this what I should be
> using, or could you give an example of how to use cyr_dbtool?

$DIR=`pwd`
for SEEN in *.seen; do
  mv $SEEN $SEEN.orig
  /usr/cyrus/bin64/cyr_dbtool $DIR/$SEEN.orig skiplist show > $SEEN.dump
  /usr/cyrus/bin32/cyr_dbtool -n $DIR/$SEEN skiplist set < $SEEN.dump
done

rm *.orig

Something like that, using the 64bit to dump and the 32bit to write.
You'll see I'm keeping the old seen file as seen.orig.

You can also do these bits on different machines if you can't run
both 64bit and 32bit binaries on the same machine of course...

NOTE - it will be a bit faster if you use:

http://cyrus.brong.fastmail.fm/patches/cyrus-dbtool-transaction-2.3.9.diff

(which also documents the -n option, though it's present in 2.3.9,
 just not documented)

Actually, it shouldn't be too bad for seen files because they don't have
that many records anyway.

Bron.