need help recovering from disk crash

David Lang david.lang at digitalinsight.com
Wed Sep 26 17:13:03 EDT 2007

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007, Rudy Gevaert wrote:

> David Lang wrote:

>>> I don't think I have that.

>>> Ok, that's not bad.
>>
>> I'm running into a problem with this, I can do this for one domain, but not
>> for a second.
>
> I don't know if 2.2 supports virtual domains.  You'd better check that.  I
> think there is a bug in reconstruct with virtual domains.  I have to run:
>
> reconstruct -r -f user/login at domain
> and
> reconstruct -r -f user/login/*@domain
>
> (I'm also using unix hierarchy seperator, but you aren't I think.)

I tracked this down last night. Since I was also fighting SASL (my old SASL had
been connected to a postgres database, the new one wasn't compiled to support
that, so I was having to learn a different way to set passwords) I had gotten
dlang at lang.hm to work and be able to login, and apparently if you login with one
virtual domain you can't do anything to any other virtual domain, even if you
are listed as the admin user. I setup a password for the user cyrus and set it
to be the admin user and was able to work with all the different domains.

I did run into one other bug that I couldn't figure out. no user was able to
modify their INBOX (delete items, etc). I could copy messages to folders, but
not delete anything.

to get back online (and since this is just my home machine) I ended up setting
anyone all acl's on every inbox.

it sounds like I really need to upgrade to 2.3.x, I downloaded it, but haven't
compiled it yet.

David Lang