Cyrus IMAP 2.3.9 on Solaris 10 with ZFS and SAN

Pascal Gienger Pascal.Gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Fri Sep 21 01:51:22 EDT 2007

Vincent Fox <vbfox at ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Pascal,
>
> How many accounts did you have per mail-store?

We have 14k(*) users and a failover mailstore. In our SAN we have 3,5T
storage reserved, which can be expanded to our needs. We use 2 SAN
storages, location-separated, so when one location gets fire, the system
still works. The mirroring between them is done via ZFS, the redundancy
between the two FiberChannel-Links to each storage is done via scsi_vhci.

Pascal

(*) 100k mailboxes and a webmail application which often LOGINs and
SELECTs, multiple times per webpage reload.