ipurge test mode? analysis by date

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 11:21:44 EDT 2007

find is your friend here.
man find
Their is a lot of options about size and time.
This will not give you the total size of email, but you can make the sum using
some additional scripting.

Be careful if you use singleinstancestore: 1 in imapd.conf and the suitable
configuration in your SMTP, some email delivered to multiple mailbox
are stored only once on the filesystem. find will report any links to
these emails
and you will count them twice or more.

On 9/20/07, Adam Tauno Williams <adam at morrison-ind.com> wrote:
> Version: cyrus-imapd-2.2.12-27.6
>
> Does ipurge have a 'test mode' whereby I can run it and have it report
> what it would have done?
>
> Management wants to know the impact on storage & message count of
> purging all sent-mail older than one year and some other patterns.
>
> Besides ipurge is there a way to query the server for all messages (or
> count/size), across all user mailboxes, that match a given pattern?
>
> something like:
> sudo -u cyrus /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/ipurge -d 365 -f "user.%.sent-mail"
>   - but without deleting anything.
>
> ----

Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com