delete messages from INBOX.Trash INBOX.Junk

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Thu Sep 20 05:21:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

Vladi Lemurov wrote:
> Hello!
> 	Is there any way to delete old messages e.g. older than 30 days from
> INBOX.Trash and INBOX.Junk mailboxes of all users in a proper "cyrus-way"?

You can use ipurge, and run it periodically from cyrus.conf. We have for
instance:

  purgetrash    cmd="ipurge -d 14 -f user.%.Trash" at=0200

(and a couple of others for the spam folder for instance) to clear the
Trash folder of users for messages over two weeks old... people tend to
fill it up and never look at it again, this saves over 10G in our case :-)

You can run ipurge from the commandline too, as user cyrus. (E.g. sudo
-u cyrus /path/to/ipurge)

Paul