Sieve vacation function not working..

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Mon Sep 17 08:39:11 EDT 2007

 > What value should I use to wild-card to every address?

No sure out of the top of my head ... AFAIK wildcards are an extra
module in Sieve, but not sure. If in doubt, try some RTFM. Or try with
one address to start with, so see some success in the first place. It
might be just *. You might even be able to do things such as
'*@yourdomain.com'.

Be a bit careful when it comes to wildcards. Vacation responses are a
bit more complex than they look like, i.e.:

- You never ever want to send responses to mails where you have been on
bcc. (Unless you want to make sure spammers know your address is valid.)
- You might not want to send responses to mails where you have been on cc.
- You don't want to send responses to mailing lists. (I think there's
some built-in functionality to prevent this.)

Nevertheless, I sometimes wish I could see (after my return) who got a
vacation response from me. Is there anything preventing me of having
Sieve store a copy of the outbound message into my Sent folder? (Just
thinking loud.)

Regards,
Torsten