Sieve vacation function not working..

Joseph Silverman yossie at laszlosystems.com
Fri Sep 14 14:51:55 EDT 2007

ALL other sieve functions work as described.  Vacation simply doesn't
work - mail is delivered, but no response is sent out.  This is true
in multiple versions of cyrus:

* OK HOST Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.13-Mandriva-RPM-2.2.13-4mdv2007.1 server
ready
* OK HOST Cyrus IMAP4 v2.2.12-Mandriva-RPM-2.2.12-15mdk server ready

The one "caveat" is that we are using sendmail as our MTA.  I have
tested many sieve functions, they all seem to work except vacation.
And, yes, I always use a different from address to avoid the send-
once-every-n-days function.

Is there something I am missing?  Obviously vacation works for some
folks out there.  But just as obviously, from googling for failures,
there are a substantial number of folks who can't or couldn't at the
time the messages were posted, get it to work.

Thank you for your time! - Yossie

Here are a few googled links reporting issues with sieve/vacation in
cyrus:

http://archives.devshed.com/forums/networking-100/cyrus-sieve-with-
vacation-does-not-go-1673174.html
http://www.usenet.com/newsgroups/comp.mail.imap/msg00608.html